For all California residents, please refer to Area 15’s California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice, which may be found here.
What information is collected through our Services?
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information. We collect different categories of Personal Information from different sources, including user-provided information and site usage information. We also collect Personal Information from social networking and blogging.
We collect Personal Information such as your name; company name; e-mail addresses; telephone numbers; ISP account addresses (including text message addresses); and site browsing history. For example, we may collect Personal Information such as your e-mail address, or any other information you may choose to provide, including from comments or questions submitted to us, information you share through registrations, sign up features, subscriptions, purchases, bookings, chats, postings, bulletin boards, blogs, user forums, surveys, questionnaires, or wikis (collectively, “User Forums”), and any other forms of communication you provide via the Services. Any information you share in any User Forum is by design open to the public and is not private. We are not responsible for any information that you share in any User Forum. You should be aware of the risks to you which can arise from sharing Personal Information in any User Forum. If you mistakenly post information on any User Forum and would like it removed, please contact us to request its removal. We will try our best to accommodate such removal request – however, not all information may be removable and, even if it is, it will take some time to complete the removal. Please be aware that what you share in User Forums can be seen, disclosed to, collected and used by parties in ways we cannot control or predict, including to contact you for any purpose. As with any public forum on any site, the information you share may also show up in third-party search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN, Bing, etc. We may use third party administrators, agents or representatives to assist us in managing such User Forums. You may be given the option to register or create an account for such administrator. You are responsible for the information you share with such administrator as part of such registration or account creation process. Your information may be subject to additional privacy policies disclosed to you by such administrator.
Sites Usage Information
As is the case with many websites, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you use applicable Services, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, interactions with video content, type of content viewed and interactions with email messages and links within the Services, navigation of the Services, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Services, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next web site you visit when you leave the Services, and any search terms you have entered on the Services.
In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on our Services to collect additional information about your visits. For example:
- Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or device at the request of a Web site. A cookie assigns a unique numerical identifier to your Web browser, and may enable us to recognize you as the same user who was at our Services in the past, and relate your use of the Services to other information about you, such as your Services usage information and Personal Information. Cookies may also be used to enhance your experience on the Services (for example, by storing your username so you can log in easily, keeping you logged into the web site after you have provided your password, and storing the contents of your shopping cart as you browse) or to collect general usage and aggregated statistical information and detect and prevent fraud. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them, but refusing cookies may, in some cases, inhibit or preclude your use of the Services.
- A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our Web pages.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number or identifier to you, and relate your site usage information to other information about you, including your Personal Information. These technologies also enable us to recognize you when you access our Services using different Web browsers and different computers or devices.
We may further collect Site Usage Information from other sources, such as through vendors and service providers with authorized rights to such information, and from publicly available sources.
We maintain a presence on social networking and blogging platforms, some of which are operated by third parties. This Policy applies to our use of information you submit to us there, but it does not apply to what those third party platforms do with your information. Those platforms have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to read them.
How is your information used?
We or our service providers may use the Personal Information we collect from and about you, including User-Provided Information, Site Usage Information and/or any information collected through Social Networking sites, to perform the following business functions:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a service, we will use that information to provide that service to you. We may also save your information to facilitate future communications and services
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Web site, products, and Services
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us
- To process your requests, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Web site, products and Services, databases and other technology assets, and business
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
- To research and better understanding our audience
- To develop, research and test features and offerings including improvements to the Services
- To increase the functionality and user-friendliness of the Services
- To personalize your experience on our Services and delivering advertising, marketing, promotions, content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests
- To maintain the functionality, safety, security, and integrity of our products, properties, Services, databases and other technology assets
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
- To prevent physical threat, harm, threats to safety, liability, risks, criminality or tortious conduct onto you, us, our users, their property, or defend or assert legal rights
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your personal information.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Services, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
We may communicate with you through any contact information you provide to us, including any cellular/mobile telephone number/device, and you are solely responsible for any charges, including SMS/text charges, incurred related thereto.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. The help function on most browsers contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, it is possible that some parts of this Web site, such as the polls, surveys, contests, product sales, and game areas, will not function properly if you disable cookies.
Do we share Personal Information and Site Usage Information with others?
Yes. We may share the information we collect on the Services with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us (or on our behalf) or otherwise in connection with the foregoing uses, we may share your information:
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law
- in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business. In addition, we may share non-personally identifiable Site Usage Information (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a form that does not include your name or contact information
- in connection with the foregoing uses to our affiliates, successors, assigns and their representatives, and to personnel, agents, service providers and contractors who perform functions on our behalf or otherwise in connection with the foregoing uses
Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” (DNT) signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not change our tracking practices (which are explained in more detail under “SITE Usage Information” above) in response to DNT settings in your web browser.
Our third party partners, such as Google Analytics, collect information about your online activities over time and across our Services and other online properties. These third parties may not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings. We utilize Google Analytics for our web analytics and you can opt out of your Services usage data being included in our Google Analytics reports by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Neither the Company nor any of its Web services are designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13.
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information collected via the Services, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely error-free or safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. We do not warrant or represent that any Service’s level of security meets or exceeds any particular standard, and any information you submit via the Services is at your own risk.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message, or using Web forms like a “contact us” feature on our Services, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. We will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us.
“Linked-To” Web Sites
The Services may contain links, banners, widgets or advertisements that lead to other Web sites. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Policy) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Web site visited after leaving the Services to learn about how your information is treated by others.
Data Subject Rights Under European Law
If you are a natural person (a “Data Subject”), you may have certain rights in addition to those described elsewhere in this Policy. These rights are in relation to your Personal Information, and include the right to be informed about the collection and use of your Personal Information, as outlined in this Policy.
Such rights may also include, where certain conditions are met:
- the right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you,
- the right to have inaccurate information about you amended or updated,
- the right to object to processing of Personal Information about you,
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant),
- the right to have Personal Information about you erased or to restrict processing in certain limited situations,
- the right to data portability and to request the transmission of Personal Information about you to another organization,
- the right to object to automated decision making that materially impacts you, direct marketing, and processing for research or statistical purposes, and
- the right to lodge complaints with applicable data supervisory authorities.
As a Data Subject, you should use the contact information below to get more information and/or to make a formal request. We will endeavor to keep the Personal Information we store about you reasonably accurate and up-to-date by enabling you to correct it by request.
You should notify us if any of your Personal Information changes or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in the Personal Information we hold about you.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
We use the Personal Information collected from Data Subjects where it is necessary for us to perform under an agreement with you (if we have one with you), for the uses provided in this Policy, and for our legitimate interests where your interests and fundamental rights as a Data Subject do not override those interests. For example, in order for us to operate our Web site, it is necessary for us to collect certain data about you to improve your user experience and manage the Services. In addition, we use this Personal Information to send informational messages to you to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Disclosure & Retention of Data Subjects’ Personal Information
We will take reasonably necessary steps to ensure that where Personal Information of Data Subjects is shared with third parties, it is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and applicable laws.
We will endeavor not to keep Personal Information in a form that allows a Data Subject to be identified for any longer than is reasonably necessary for achieving the permitted purposes. At the end of the applicable retention period, we may destroy, erase from our systems, or anonymize Personal Information as part of such efforts. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the Data Subject’s Personal Information, the purposes for which we process the Data Subject’s Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Storage & Transfer of Data Subjects’ Personal Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect Data Subjects’ Personal Information, prevent unlawful or unauthorized processing of Personal Information, and prevent unauthorized disclosure of, or accidental loss of, or damage to, such information.
We may process Personal Information in, and transfer Personal Information to, countries that may not guarantee the same level of protection for Personal Information as the country in which Data Subjects reside.
Personal Information will also be processed by staff who work for us and operate outside the European Economic Area. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the provision of administration and support services. All such staff are subject to reasonably appropriate confidentiality and security obligations.
We restrict access to non-public Personal Information about Data Subjects to those of our employees and agents who need to know the information to enable us to provide services.
We will only transfer Personal Information to third party service providers if they agree to comply with the physical, electronic and procedural safeguards described above, or if they put in place adequate measures themselves.
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Effective Date.” Such changes will apply to all user information. In some cases (for example, if we significantly expand our use or sharing of your Personal Information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may request your consent to the changes. The provisions contained herein supersede all previous notices or policies regarding our privacy practices and the terms and conditions that govern the use of this Services. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
Toll-free telephone: (702) 846-1900
3215 South Rancho Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89102
Attn.: Legal Department
Effective Date: January 21, 2022